Friday, September 24, 2021

Paul & Tammy Greenlee Visit, Taylorsville, IL

We arrived at my nephew Paul's and his wife Tammy's place on Sept 21st. For those of you who aren't aware, due to my placement in the Babcock family, the youngest of seven with my oldest sister Avis (Paul's mother) being at least 23 years my senior (any family members feel free to fill in her birth year) I grew up with mostly nephews and nieces, with a few cousins sprinkled in here and there, with many fond memories of them all. We spent a little time that evening catching up, we decided that we hadn't seen each other since we were in our early twenties'. Way to much time! We also figured out Paul is about nine months younger than me. 

They have a wonderful little lake lot on Taylorville Lake not far from their home and had us join them out there. After being in an industrial parking lot next to an airport for two weeks, having our RV sitting on the bank of a lake was definitely a wonderful change of pace! Though it was sunny the whole time we were there, unfortunately it was very windy and cold and we could not get out on the lake.

We were greeted by their two dogs, Chevy and Miles. Chevy, I think  was a Shih Tzu mix (correct me Tammy) and Miles was a Pomeranian, the size of good Muskie bait! Miles was definitely one of the happiest dog I ever seen. When he barked he would quite literally bounce straight up and down with each bark! He was like on caffeine all the time! Chevy was the lover, would curl up next to me in a heartbeat!

The area that their lake lot is on seems like it has become a tight knit community over the years. It is definitely a community all by itself consisting of several styles of RV's from fifth wheels, travel trailers and park models. The last night we were there, we had the chance to meet some their friends from the lake community and shared a potluck meal together. Starr & I were welcomed like we had always been a part of the group!

As I was attempting a nap Chevy jumped up and accosted me with a good face washing before I got my hands free! 


Sunset at the lake! Paul, Tammy and Starr

Tammy, Paul and Miles the pooch

Starr warming feet by the fire!

Paul and I 

Starr with the lake in the background!


They had a wonderful fire pit, truck rim with landscaping block around it!
Had some fine fires in it while we were there!!!

Me, Starr, Paul & Tammy



Potluck campfire on the last night!
Ron & Becky
Starr's empty chair, the grey head is me
Jen & Ethan
&
Chevy


1 comment:

!!BANG!! And a couple of scratches on our rig!!

 On January 6th, 2023 around 2:30 in the afternoon we were returning to the mainland of Florida after spending 4 glorious nights down in the...